The 10 Most Commonly Asked Questions
- Who is Reliable Caregivers?
- Reliable Caregivers provides highly personalized, in-home care with unrivaled standards. Our experienced caregivers enable individuals to maintain independent living, while nourishing their dignity and prolonging an enthusiasm for life. From assistance with mobility issues, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, activities of daily living, and health matters including end of life care, Reliable Caregivers matches a qualified caregiver to the family member and produces extraordinary results.
- What kinds of services does Reliable Caregivers offer?
- Reliable Caregivers offers two kinds of care giving support:
- Short-term help: After-care for someone who is healing after a surgery or other medical or non-medical situation.
- Long-term companionship: For those who simply wish to stay in their home throughout the aging process.
From hourly to live-in care, or bedside sitting to medical/social escort services, our experienced caregivers are dedicated to providing the most efficient and effective care system possible.
- What types of assistance will Reliable Caregivers provide?
- Our caregivers provide assistance with all non-medical care including but not limited to:
- Bathing, hygiene, and dressing
- Toileting / incontinence care
- Critical reminders about medication
- Meal preparation
- Social activities / light exercise
- Mental activities to stimulate brain activity
- Range of motion exercises tailored to specific needs
- Assistance with a wheelchair or walker
- Support for transfer / turning
- Help getting to and from medical and other appointments
- Light housekeeping including laundry
- Grocery shopping / running errands
- How long has Reliable Caregivers been in business?
- Reliable Caregivers was founded in 2003 and, since its inception, has been a preeminent home care agency serving clientele throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
- What are the qualifications of the caregivers employed by Reliable Caregivers?
- Reliable Caregivers conducts a detailed and rigorous screening process before they certify care giving employees. This procedure includes extensive background checks and multi-person interviews. Only those who successfully complete the process are bonded and insured — and only then are they trained and ready to be matched to an individual.
In order to be considered for employment, applicants must provide:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.A.
- A 5-year employment history
- Minimum 1 year experience as a caregiver or have a Certified Nursing Assistant license
- Criminal background check
- Caregiver references
- Professional references
- Who pays social security, employer taxes and workers compensation insurance?
- Reliable Caregivers is responsible for all workers’ compensation, liability insurance, payroll taxes, as well as other employee-related costs.
- How much does Reliable Caregivers charge? Does it cost extra for nights or weekends?
- Our care giving assignments are based on the unique set of needs, wants, and desires of a family. As a result, we put together a custom plan of care based on individual needs. Our pricing reflects the level and length of care required, and all plans include Care Management visits at no additional cost. There is no pricing difference for nights or weekend care giving – our pricing is based on your unique needs.To better understand the care giving needs of your family, ask us for a free assessment. This no cost, no obligation process, enables us to assemble a customized program based on your input and the unique situation of your family.
- How do you supervise your caregivers? What happens if the caregiver cannot report to work – do you replace them?
- To properly identify the need at the outset, our Care Manager conducts a personal assessment visit. This highly confidential process includes the individual and often members of the family and appropriate medical team. Together, we determine the initial plan of care. Then the most appropriate caregiver is identified and matched from the Reliable Caregivers team.
One of our Care Managers carefully monitors the progress of the case, making regular personal visits to ensure that you are provided with the best possible care at all times.
Both families and caregivers are provided with access to a live operator at Reliable Caregivers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any questions or concerns that may arise. Since we want to make sure you’re receiving the best possible care at all times, we make ourselves accessible based on your schedule.
Should an emergency arise and a caregiver be unable to report for work, we will immediately call you or a family member to notify you of the situation. And, if a replacement is needed, we will send out another caregiver immediately.
- Does Reliable Caregivers provide Care Management Services? Are there additional charges for this service?
- Reliable Caregivers offers ongoing Care Management services at no extra charge. These services start with an immediate and complimentary assessment of the needs of all family members involved. Then a safe, structured, and communicative care plan based on the most efficient system possible is developed and implemented.
- Who owns Reliable Caregivers? Are they a chain?
- A private company, Reliable Caregivers is owned by its founder and president, Linda Leary. She began her career in the health industry in 1978 — first working nights as a home health aide while attending nursing school during the day. She opened her first medical staffing agency in 1987 and sold it to a national home health care operation. In 2003 she established Reliable Caregivers as an unsurpassed resource for assisted home care and has remained an independent, local business, serving the needs of individuals in the San Francisco / Greater Bay Area.
Reliable Caregivers reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.